Identity and access management (IAM) is the security discipline that enables the right individuals to access the right resources at the right times for the right reasons.
IAM addresses the mission-critical need to ensure appropriate access to resources across increasingly heterogeneous technology environments, and to meet increasingly rigorous compliance requirements. This security practice is a crucial undertaking for any enterprise. It is increasingly business-aligned, and it requires business skills, not just technical expertise.
Enterprises that develop mature IAM capabilities can reduce their identity management costs and, more importantly, become significantly more agile in supporting new business initiatives.
The solutions enable organizations to quickly identify, quantify and manage access risks to vital information such as intellectual property, medical records, personally identifiable information and customer data, while demonstrating compliance with regulatory requirements. Cloud and on-premise solutions offer full arrays of IAM( Identity and Access) functions such as: identity and access governance, user provisioning and password management, in affordable packages that deliver faster time to value than other industry solutions.
Importance and relevance to an enterprise
- Demonstrate compliance with key industry & government regulations
- Create accountability, no shared access/passwords
- Automate certification and remediation
- Restrict sensitive data access to authorized personnel
- Track compliance and risk trends
- Align IT security & business needs
- Reduce data compromise risk
- Terminate former user access
- Eliminate excess privileges, SoD violations, zombie accounts
- Control sensitive data access
- Monitor unusual activity
- Reduce time, expense of compliance audit and reporting
- Decrease overhead to add/change/delete user accounts
- New hires productive on Day One
- Slash identity-related help desk calls up to 80% or more
- Improve employee satisfaction
benefits of the solution
The redesigned connector architecture and implementation methodology have significantly reduced installation times and costs.The cloud strategy provides potential clients with robust IAG(Identity and access governance ) features, as in different deployment options. The Access Insight offers more analytics and reporting options for clients, allowing a more real-time and proactive approach to access governance.