How secure is your network? The best way to find out is to attack it. Network Security Assessment provides you with the tricks and tools professional security consultants use to identify and assess risks in Internet-based networks-the same penetration testing model they use to secure government, military, and commercial networks.
Network Security Assessment demonstrates how a determined attacker scours Internet-based networks in search of vulnerable components, from the network to the application level. This new edition is up-to-date on the latest hacking techniques, but rather than focus on individual issues, it looks at the bigger picture by grouping and analyzing threats at a high-level.
Network Security Assessment helps you assess:
- Web services, including Microsoft IIS, Apache, Tomcat, and subsystems such as OpenSSL, Microsoft FrontPage, and Outlook Web Access (OWA)
- Web application technologies, including ASP, JSP, PHP, middleware, and backend databases such as MySQL, Oracle, and Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Windows networking components, including RPC, NetBIOS, and CIFS services
- SMTP, POP3, and IMAP email services
- IP services that provide secure inbound network access, including IPsec, Microsoft PPTP, and SSL VPNs
- Unix RPC services on Linux, Solaris, IRIX, and other platforms
- Various types of application-level vulnerabilities that hacker tools and scripts exploit
Assessment is the first step any organization should take to start managing information risks correctly. With techniques to identify and assess risks in line with CESG CHECK and NSA IAM government standards, Network Security Assessment gives you a precise method to do just that.